465 Huntington Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02115

amiina is a band from Reykjavik, Iceland, that has been together in various forms and guises since the late 1990s. Since 2005 they have been working on a full-length album as well as touring around the world with fellow Icelandic band Sigur Rós, both as support band and providing strings and other bits in the Sigur Rós set. Their new single Seoul is now out on line, and a full-length album will be released spring 2007.

British singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Adem Ilhan writes pastoral pop that's augmented by eclectic instrumentation and wistful and irreverent lyrics. He began recording in his teens as the bass player for the popular post-rock trio Fridge. In 2003 he signed with Domino; he released his debut, Homesongs, the following year

Members, seniors, students $12; nonmembers, general admission $15.

Official Website: http://mfa.org/calendar/event.asp?eventkey=26343&date=3%2F31%2F2007

Added by Benjamin on December 28, 2006

Comments

mikeatlas

Amiina opened for Sigur Ros a few years ago when they played at the Opera House...they were pretty good.

paul irish

Believe its Tom Brousseau instead of Adem now.

lp

I don't think I can go, if anyone wants my ticket for $15. I'm on the B-line. email: [email protected]