(see link)
Toronto, Ontario

A one-day practical workshop that will give you everything you need to build a powerful enterprise-level web application on a small budget.

This is a unique opportunity to learn from one of the best web developers in the industry. Our one-day, intensive practical workshop is taught by Cal Henderson, the senior developer of the world-famous flickr.com. Flickr is a next-generation online photo management and sharing application. It currently has over 50 million photos with 400,000 being added every day.

The workshop will focus on topics that have real, practical "rubber-meets-the-road" value. It will cover everything that most developers wish they'd known before tackling a huge professional web application. It will be a lot of information to take in but it's all stuff you need to know if you're serious about building an enterprise level web application.

Official Website: http://www.carsonworkshops.com/dev/henderson/19JULY2006.html

Added by schutzsmith on June 11, 2006

Comments

brycej

This looks very cool but the name kinda threw me a little. I guess I just think of the term Enterprise a little differently.

Gill

I guess what we mean by 'enterprise' is any web app that needs to deal with heavy loads on the server.

thomas.purves

bryce you were thinking of the spaceship version of enterprise weren't you?

thomas.purves

this looks like an interesting event. Though a little expensive.

goran.matic

Perhaps not so expensive, considering it is a whole day conference? Plus some first-hand experience on what works and what does not may be useful, given the scale of the site.