Treasure Island
San Francisco, California

Championship Gaming Invitational for DirecTV will be taping two shows on Friday and Saturday night 7/21 & 7/22 at one of the coolest locations in the Bay area; Treasure Island! This is a fantastic chance to be a part of a live network television taping right here in San Francisco. The best part is that it is FREE and all audience members have a chance to win an Xbox and other prizes! There will also be free refreshments! (No Alcohol)

The show will featuring celebrities and the music of world famous DJ Spider, The Championship Gaming Invitational is not only a video game event that will redefine the world of E-Sports by treating video games like traditional professional sports, but it is a televised party. Sponsored by Direct TV, Microsoft Xbox, Best Buy, and Mountain Dew, come party with the best players from around the world as they compete for $50,000.

Gaming competitions include Halo, Counterstrike, DOA, Battlefield 2 and PGR.

Building 180
Treasure Island
Building 180 - California Street
San Francisco, CA 94130

Official Website: http://www.ocatv.com/schedule.php?show_id=112

Added by fngkestrel on July 11, 2006

Comments

fngkestrel

This is actually two separate event times, once on Friday at 6:00 PM, once on Saturday at 4:00 PM.

fngkestrel

Follow the event website link to get the free tickets to this event.

getluky

Hey, is this going to be televised? If so, what network/channel? It just says "DirectTV" on the link.

fngkestrel

I believe it will be televised, however, I have no idea what channel it will be on. But you're supposed to wear "hip" clothes, so whatever that lends itself to mean.

getluky

you probably mean battlefield 2. :) i play that game as well, so it would be interesting to see what the serious competitors do!

fngkestrel

Heh, didn't even notice that it said Battleship 2.

I suppose in that version, when you hit the battleship, there's a massive 3d polygon explosion.

getluky

It's cool that you support him. When I was a wee lad in my gaming career, it was fun to hear that my mom was refreshing the results page on tournament websites to see how I did. :)

fngkestrel

Gaming career? What games?

getluky

Mostly Q2 & Q3. http://getluky.net/about/ has a few links.