CIT Campus, Rossa Avenue, Bishopstown
Cork, Cork C1

The next OCC would normally not be in the Rubicon but we’ve decided to have a special joint-one there this coming Friday, July 4th at 10am.

Aileen Cussen, who is an EI D.A. to many of you I’m sure (including ourselves) is going to Uganda to help build a school and educate some of the local children for a period of several weeks. It is being done as part of the Lake Lyantonde project which was initiated by the Kabata Farmers Group and run by the local community with an aim of creating awareness of, environmental conservation practices, safe water and sanitation, sustainable agriculture, HIV/Aids, and fostering general development for the community living near Lake Lyantonde.

If you feel like donating to this on Friday, please do. The coffee and scones are sponsored by the Rubicon Centre. One thing which I’d like to hear about is how business is doing in Uganda and what are the specific challenges they have. I have read about the mobile phone and mobile internet being a great enabler in Africa and I wonder if that is true in Uganda too. Also, is Fair Trade working for them?

* We won’t have a Demo session on Friday as a result.
* Suggestions and offers of coffee/scone sponsorship for the next one on July 18th somewhere in town?
* If you have interest in Coworking in Cork, have your say over on Pat Phelan’s blog.

Official Website: http://corkopencoffee.org/

Added by bandon1 on June 29, 2008

Interested 1